With an emphasis on safety, our doors are open for online and limited in-person instruction throughout the fall. Register now!
At Hoff-Barthelson, we offer Suzuki instruction to beginning 4- to 7-year-olds in violin, viola, cello, flute, and piano. Our Suzuki program follows a sequential, multi-tiered approach that progresses students from novice to advanced players by combining listening, proper technique and posture, positive reinforcement, and active adult involvement. Suzuki students begin to read music at about age 6, after they have developed sensitivity to listening and a firm foundation in instrumental technique. Parents, grandparents, and caregivers of string students may attend their own group instrumental classes during their children’s musicianship classes.
With available financial aid and a variable tuition structure, HBMS is proud to work with your family to develop your child’s love of learning during uncertain times.
Our Suzuki Program offers:
- Individual weekly lessons and group classes
- Professional accompaniment for practice and performance
- Weekly musicianship classes in music theory and sight-singing (Musicianship Program)
- Ensembles, including orchestra and chamber music for more advanced students
- Progress reports
It also includes:
- Weekly parent classes for violin and cello
- Special Suzuki recitals in November and May, along with Suzuki performances at the School’s music festivals each year
- Our annual Suzuki Porch Party, a celebration of the year’s accomplishments and a chance to socialize with other Suzuki students and parents
Have questions or want to register?
We take great care to assess each child’s particular interests and needs before assigning teachers, classes, and ensembles. The first step is for you and your child(ren) to meet with one of our deans. This meeting is not an audition, but a welcoming introduction to the School and our individualized approach to music education.
To get started, schedule a placement meeting with one of our deans online or call 914-723-1169.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!