Our Comprehensive Music Education Program for Adults
Hoff-Barthelson provides a musical home for adults of all ages and levels of experience, where you can explore, create and fulfill life-long musical dreams while developing rich relationships with other music lovers in a warm and welcoming environment.
Whether you’ve never played an instrument or studied voice, perform at an advanced level and want to burnish your skills, are recently retired and eager to devote more time to making music, or somewhere in between, you’ll find we offer a multitude of opportunities to learn and grow with the support of extraordinary teachers, form new friendships, and to make music. We’d love for you to join us!
While you may enroll in the majority of our adult classes and ensembles a la carte, we’re proud to offer a comprehensive program for adults that brings together lessons, classes, ensemble and performance opportunities, and progress reports (upon request).
Our Comprehensive Program for Adults Includes:
- 30, 45, 60, 75 or 90 minute private lessons, 16 weeks each semester on more than 20 instruments and voice
- Unlimited access to ensemble opportunities including chamber music, jazz, hand bells, flute choir, and chorus
- Group Classes in piano, ukulele and voice
- Unlimited access to musicianship classes, such as music theory, songwriting, and piano history and literature, that deepen and accelerate practice, performance, and understanding of music
- Performance workshops and recital opportunities throughout the year
- Professional accompaniment during lessons, rehearsals and performances
- Written critiques (optional) on workshop and recital performances, adjudicated auditions, progress reports, and access to advising from deans —experts in music education—regarding challenges and/or opportunities students may be facing
- English Horn
- French Horn
- Chamber Music
- Club Ukulele
- Clarinet Club
- Flute Choir
- Jazz Ensembles
- Ring Your Bell
- Musical Theater
- Group Piano Class
Looking for another instrument or specialized training? Give us a call at 914-723-1169.
How to Register
Students may enroll throughout the year. We take great care to assess each new student’s interests and needs so that we can offer the best possible guidance in regards to private lessons, classes and ensemble opportunities. The placement meeting is not an audition, but a welcoming introduction to Hoff-Barthelson’s individualized approach to music education.
Schedule a placement meeting with one of our deans online or call 914-723-1169