Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday, 9 am – 10 pm
Saturday, 9 am – 5 pm
Weeks in the School Year
- Private Lessons: 32 lessons per year (30, 45, 60 minutes long)
- Musicianship Classes: 30 classes per year (40, 55 minutes long)
- Small Chamber Ensembles: 24 classes per year
- Programs for Young Children (group music classes): 30 weeks per year (30, 40 minutes long)
- Suzuki: 32 classes per year
Academic Calendar for 2019-2020
School will not be in session on the dates listed below. Check the Student Handbook for a list of dates when make-up lessons will be offered when school is not in regular session.
- Opening Day – Monday, September 9, 2019
- Early Childhood Classes Begin – Monday, September 16
- Rosh Hashanah – Monday, September 30 and Tuesday, October 1
- Yom Kippur – Tuesday, October 8 and Wednesday, October 9
- Columbus Day – Monday, October 14
- Halloween – Thursday, October 31
- Veterans Day – Monday, November 11
- Thanksgiving Recess – Last day of school Tuesday, November 26; School reopens on Monday, December 2
- Winter Recess – Last day of school is Saturday, December 21; School reopens on Monday, January 6, 2020
- Martin Luther King Day – Monday, January 20
- February Recess – Last day of school Saturday, February 15; School reopens on Monday, February 24
- Spring Recess – Last day of school is Saturday, April 4; School reopens on Monday, April 13
- Memorial Day Weekend – Last day of school is Thursday, May 21; School reopens on Tuesday, May 26
- Summer Arts Program and Summer Lessons Begin – Monday, June 29
- Summer Arts Program and Summer Lessons End – Friday, July 31
Useful Information for Weather Closings
In the event of inclement weather- or weather-related concerns:
- Check the home page of the School’s website for useful information.
- Visit Hoff-Barthelson’s Facebook Page.
- Call the School at 914-723-1169 and listen to the outgoing message.
- Watch the scroll on News 12 or visit www.news12.com
- Check www.lohud.com.
- Assuming the weather hasn’t knocked out our electricity – you’ll get an email as well!