Renowned for our comprehensive, sequential curriculum, Hoff-Barthelson is committed to providing high quality music education to all, from absolute beginners to advanced high schoolers preparing for careers in music. While the majority of our K-12 students ultimately go on to study science, law, medicine, finance, engineering or other disciplines, our goals are that each experiences the joy of making music, and that what they learn here, and the friendships they form here benefit them throughout their lives.
Offerings for K-12 students include…
- Weekly private lessons, taught by world-class teachers, in more than 20 instruments, voice and composition
- Weekly performance opportunities
- Professional accompaniment during lessons, rehearsals and performances
- Ensembles ranging from jazz bands to chamber music groups, choruses, and orchestras
- Musicianship courses from music theory and aural skills to songwriting, composition and improvisation
- Progress reports—written reports at the end of each semester.
Enrolling in our Comprehensive Program, which combines weekly lessons with unlimited musicianship classes and ensembles under one umbrella tuition, provides great value and allows for a highly individualized program tailored specifically to your child’s interests and needs.
Our Beginner Piano and Guitar Programs, for K-12 with fewer than two year’s prior study, offers a more limited, economical option consisting of a weekly lesson and a single class or ensemble until the student has developed to the point where they’re proficient enough to participate more broadly.
For more information on these options, click on the links above. Note that we enroll students in private lessons year-round while registration deadlines for classes and ensembles vary.
- English Horn
- French Horn
- Jazz Ensembles
- Wind Ensemble
- Orchestra (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
- Chamber Music
- Musical Theater
Looking for another instrument or specialized training? Give us a call, 914-723-1169.
Have questions, or want to register?
We take great care to assess each child’s particular interests and needs before assigning teachers, classes, and ensembles. The first step is for you and your child(ren) to meet with one of our deans. This meeting is not an audition, but a welcoming introduction to the School and our individualized approach to music education.
To get started, schedule a placement meeting with one of our deans online or call 914-723-1169.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!