Our Comprehensive Music Education Program for Children and Teens
At Hoff-Barthelson Music School, we see your child as a whole person, not just a music student—and that’s what makes us unique. Our Comprehensive Program taps into each child’s potential to thrive, as they learn life skills and deepen their own creativity while also learning the essentials of playing an instrument, singing or composing. Fostering a love of music and building strong relationships with other students are also key components of the Comprehensive Program that lead to our students’ accelerated musical growth.
Students and parents are encouraged to meet with us to create an individualized plan that meets their interests and needs. Our Comprehensive Program is designed to offer flexibility, with three tiered levels that enhance each student’s passion and nurtures their potential within the time they have available.
Our customizable options incorporate opportunities rarely seen in typical music education programs, including:
- 30, 45, 60, 75 or 90-minute private lessons, 16 weeks each semester on a choice of over 20 instruments plus voice and composition
- Unlimited access to weekly performance workshops and recital opportunities that keep students challenged and highly engaged
- Honors program to promote and recognize outstanding achievement
- Motivational master classes led by world renowned artists
- Professional accompaniment available during every lesson, rehearsal and performance
- Access to musicianship classes (theory, composition, improvisation and more) that deepen understanding of music
- Additional ensemble, chorus, orchestra and instrument club opportunities to advance musical ability and promote socialization
- Consistent feedback and progress reports to highlight both challenges and strengths
With available financial aid and a variable tuition structure, HBMS is proud to work with your family to develop your child’s musical and educational journey.