Our Comprehensive Music Education Program for Children and Teens
Through Hoff-Barthelson’s K-12 Division, students ages 4 through 18 benefit from our comprehensive program curriculum and individualized instruction taught by distinguished faculty.
Our program is unique in that we focus on the whole person, accelerating musical growth and the development of life skills that enable students to realize their full creative potential. Students flourish in a supportive environment, learning to play and deepen their love of music while developing rich relationships with other music lovers.
Our Comprehensive Music Education Program Includes:
- 30, 45, 60, 75 or 90 minute private lessons, 16 weeks each semester on more than 20 instruments and voice
- Unlimited access to weekly performance workshops and recital opportunities throughout the year; an Honors Program; and master classes led by world renown artists
- Professional accompaniment during lessons, rehearsals and performances
- Unlimited access to multiple musicianship classes (e.g., theory, composition, piano history and literature, improvisation, sight singing) that deepen and accelerate practice, performance, and understanding of music
- Unlimited access to ensemble opportunities including chamber music, jazz ensembles, choruses, orchestras, and a variety of instrument clubs
- Written critiques on workshop and recital performances, adjudicated auditions, progress reports, and access to advising from deans —experts in music education—regarding challenges and/or opportunities students may be facing
- English Horn
- French Horn
- Jazz Ensembles
- Wind Ensemble
- Orchestra (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
- Chamber Music
- Musical Theater
Looking for another instrument or specialized training? Give us a call at 914-723-1169.
How to Register
Students may enroll throughout the year. We take great care to assess each child’s particular interests and needs before assigning teachers, classes, and ensembles. The first step is to meet with one of our deans. This is not an audition, but a welcoming introduction to Hoff-Barthelson’s individualized approach to music education.
Schedule a placement meeting with one of our deans online or call 914-723-1169