With an emphasis on safety, our doors are open for in-person instruction.
Our Comprehensive Music Education Program for Children and Teens
Through Hoff-Barthelson’s K-12 Division, students ages 4 through 18 benefit from our comprehensive program curriculum and individualized instruction taught by distinguished faculty.
Our program is unique in that we focus on the whole person, accelerating musical growth and the development of life skills that enable students to realize their full creative potential. Students flourish in a supportive environment, learning to play and deepen their love of music while developing rich relationships with other music lovers.
How to Register
Students may enroll throughout the year. We take great care to assess each child’s particular interests and needs before assigning teachers, classes, and ensembles. The first step is to meet with one of our deans. This is not an audition, but a welcoming introduction to Hoff-Barthelson’s individualized approach to music education.
To get started, schedule a placement meeting with one of our deans, or call 914-723-1169.
Our Comprehensive Music Education Program Includes:
- 30, 45, 60, 75 or 90 minute private lessons, 16 weeks each semester on more than 20 instruments and voice
- Unlimited access to weekly performance workshops and recital opportunities throughout the year; an Honors Program; and master classes led by world renown artists
Click here to view available dates for the School’s Performance Program (Informals, Teen Workshops, and Recitals). Please note that there are three tabs at the bottom of the page.
- Professional accompaniment during lessons, rehearsals and performances
- Access to musicianship classes (ranging from theory and composition to piano history and literature, improvisation, sight-singing and more) that deepen and accelerate practice, performance and understanding of music
- Access to ensemble opportunities including chamber music, jazz ensembles, choruses, orchestras, and a variety of instrument clubs
- Written critiques on workshop and recital performances, adjudicated auditions, progress reports, and access to advising from deans —experts in music education—regarding challenges and/or opportunities students may be facing
With available financial aid and a variable tuition structure, HBMS is proud to work with your family to develop your child’s love of learning during uncertain times.
Designed to offer flexibility, the Comprehensive Program has three tiers allowing students to select a level that enhances their educational experience, develops their passion for music, and nurtures their potential within the time they have available.
The Core Comprehensive Program includes 32 private lessons and one class or ensemble (excluding a chamber music ensemble).
FULL COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM:
The Full Comprehensive Program includes 32 private lessons and two classes or ensembles.
EXTENDED COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM:
The Extended Comprehensive Program includes 32 private lessons and unlimited classes or ensembles.
Our Suzuki Program includes 32 private lessons, a weekly class for parents, a group class and one class or ensemble (excluding chamber music).
Registering for Extra Lessons during the Academic Year
Currently enrolled students are encouraged to register for additional lessons throughout the academic year. Prices are discounted from our full, pro-rated weekly tuition rates; a further discount of 10% is available with packages of three or more lessons. Prices include accompaniment service during lessons.
Learn more about extra lessons here.
- English Horn
- French Horn
- Jazz Ensembles
- Wind Ensemble
- Orchestra (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
- Chamber Music
- Musical Theater
Looking for another instrument or specialized training? Give us a call at 914-723-1169.