Founded in 1944, Hoff-Barthelson Music School is one of the country’s premier community music schools with a national reputation for unsurpassed excellence. The School serves more than 800 students of all ages and levels of advancement from 50 Westchester municipalities on its campus in Scarsdale, NY, and another 250 at partner organizations including Head Start Centers, healthcare facilities, and social service agencies throughout Westchester County. The 60-member faculty comprises many of the region’s most distinguished educators.
Hoff-Barthelson offers comprehensive individual instruction in both classical music and jazz; a sequential musicianship curriculum encompassing music theory, ear training, composition, music history, and music technology; four orchestras, four choirs, and over 30 chamber ensembles; master classes by world renowned artists; scores of workshops, recitals, and concerts; a robust Suzuki program; early childhood instruction; outreach programs; and a summer music and arts program.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and building the School’s social media presence to support the School’s registration and engagement goals. This is equivalent to a .2 FTE position (approximately 400 hours/year) and requires a flexible schedule that includes late afternoons, early evenings and weekends. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-driven individual with a passion for growing and maintaining a brand voice across various channels and platforms. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications. This position could be filled by an independent contractor or structured for a W2 employee.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the School’s existing social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- Develop social media strategy to support achievement of School’s enrollment and engagement goals; identify strategic weaknesses; make and implement recommendations for improvements
- Optimize School’s social media pages within each platform to increase the visibility of School’s content
- Attend School events and capture quality organic content, e.g., stories, photographs and videos, using brand guidelines for posting on social media channels; collaborate with faculty and staff to arrange optimal times to capture content
- Curate, create, and upload organic content (photos, text, audio, video) to YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram
- Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, plan and maintain a calendar detailing digital communications and production plans, and maintain brand, voice, and style consistency throughout the School’s digital communications efforts
- Build a network of social media ambassadors to increase followers and engagement (students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, external communities)
- Engage users with prompt responses, ask questions and cultivate relationships
- Keep informed about new trends, technologies and platforms to broaden the School’s audience; when appropriate, test new social channels
Qualifications/Key Skills and Experience
- Translate programmatic benefits and impact into succinct and compelling stories via text, images and video to inspire registration and engagement
- Proven experience as a social media strategist who can increase brand awareness, followers, and impressions, using a mix of platforms, e.g., WordPress, Photoshop, Facebook Ads Manager, Hootsuite, or similar tools
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats
- Experience building strong relationships and trust with stakeholders
- Impeccable time management skills; highly organized with excellent attention to detail and accuracy under deadlines; ability to work independently
- 2+ years of related experience
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include your resume, a cover letter, three references (name, email, phone number, a brief description of your relationship, and the dates you worked together). Include links to work samples in resume.
Employment at the Hoff-Barthelson Music School is contingent upon successful completion of all pre- employment screenings including, but not limited to, a background check and Preventing Discrimination and Harassment in New York, a training that requires timely online completion.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.