Parent Information Meeting about Spring Restoration of Orchestra Ensembles
January 23 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
We invite you to join us at a Parent Information Meeting about the Spring restoration of the HBMS Orchestra Ensembles. Due to the level of interest in this subject, we’ll be hosting two separate meetings, held online via Zoom, on Thursday, January 21, 2021, at 8:00 pm and again on Saturday, January 23, 2021, at 4:00 pm. The meetings will be hosted by Executive Director Ken Cole, Dean Christopher Kenniff and Young People’s Symphonette and Chamber Orchestra Director Robert Schwartz.
Recently, we conducted a survey to determine whether and how we might restore two of our orchestra programs, the Young People’s Symphonette and Chamber Orchestra, which are on hiatus due to the pandemic. We are pleased to share with you that the responses to the survey are encouraging and that families and students are eager to resume rehearsals later this spring.
The agenda for the meeting will include:
- An overview of our plans to reintroduce live rehearsals for each orchestra safely, including changes in the sizes of ensembles as well as length and number of rehearsals; repertoire; and plans for culminating performances;
- A review of additional safety considerations and protocols;
- A discussion of the repertoire each ensemble will survey, and of its educational value;
- The registration process and (surprisingly affordable) tuition; and
- Open discussion/Q & A session
To either meeting, please RSVP here. We will forward a Zoom link in advance of the meeting to all those who RSVP. Students are welcome to attend, though the meetings will be geared for parents.
If you are unable to attend, but are interested in HBMS’s orchestral programs, please use the RSVP form to let us know of your interest so that we may contact you.